Can your business assist in building a Carer Friendly Community?
Businesses can sign up easily and start to offer discounts to unpaid Carers supporting a loved one in Dorset. Your offering, whatever it is, will be appreciated by Carers. Caring for a relative or friend can be very rewarding but it can also put pressure on household budgets. By giving Carers access to discounts businesses are able to show that they recognise and value the contribution unpaid carers make. Examples of current offerings are:
- £25.00 treatment which would have cost £30.00
- 25% discount on Physiotherapy
- Leisure club monthly membership down to £15.00 from £24.99
- Free Entry to attraction
- ½ price entry to Gardens
- 10% off watersports courses
- 10% off counselling courses
This is an official scheme funded by Dorset Council, BCP Council, and the Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group.
The Carers Card is issued free of charge to Carers who are signed up with the Carers Information Services in Dorset. The circulation of cards from June 2016 will be approximately 6,000 and will continue to grow as more unpaid carers come forward to sign up in the future. A Carer becomes eligible if they are a person who provides unpaid support to family or friends who could not manage without help. This could be due to many reasons – illness, mental ill health, life changing accident, disability.
Upon receipt of your Providers Form the following will happen:-
- You will receive the official Window Sticker to display at your business
- Your details will be entered into the online Directory at mycarerscard.co.uk this is broken down into areas and categories for easy searching by Carers
- Your details will be downloadable and can be printed by Carers , Carers Support Groups will keep copies of the Directory for use at their meetings
- Carers will visit your place of business
Sign up now!
Please use the web form to the right or
Dorset Council, BCP Council, DCCG and Scheme Administrators, do not endorse and are not liable for the quality of the services of the providers advertised within the Carers Card Scheme.
WPS UK Ltd, 117 Corfe Road, Stoborough, Dorset, BH20 5AY
Telephone: 01929 408908
Contacts: Julie & Peter England
Join the Scheme
By submitting this web form:
- You are agreeing to your Contact Details and offer appearing on the website found at: www.mycarerscard.co.uk
- You are agreeing that we can contact you regarding your offer using the details you have provided.
- You are confirming that where a Service is offered, all the necessary and appropriate Insurances, Qualifications & Certificates are held for the Services provided.